ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE MADE BY PHONE. If you cancel via e-mail and you haven’t received a confirmation we received it, please call to confirm. If confirmation hasn’t been made and we show up to provide service, fees will apply.
If you give us 24 hours notice or more, Furbabies Walk ‘N’ Sit Pet Services will not charge a fee for walk cancellations. Your fur baby can use it as a credit towards his or her next outing with us. Cancellation fee of 50% applies if regularly scheduled visit is cancelled with less than 12 hours notice. 3 consecutive cancellations will result in renegotiation of contract, price differences will apply. Cancellation fee of 50% of the total contract amount applies if pet sitting services are cancelled less than 7 days notice prior to the start of the contract.
Group and private walks are subject to cancellation depending on the weather (extreme weather of -20 degrees Celsius or lower), with the exception of certain breeds of dog. We go by what YOU AND YOUR PET WANT. If for example your dog can’t handle the cold at -15, other alternatives will be made as per your request) This is for the safety and care of your pet. If walks are cancelled due to inclement weather, we will stop by and take your pooch for a short walk in the neighbourhood or a backyard break to go to the bathroom, stretch and the rest play time inside. Also, above seasonal temperatures in the Summer (Above +25C) we can plan our walks near the river for a cooling dip and supply plenty of water for our outings. Constant communication is our main focus on days like these.
- Your Dog(s) must be currently licensed with The City of Calgary.
- Vaccinations (rabies, distemper, parvovirus (DHLPP), and bordetella, etc) up-to-date. Please consult your Veterinarian. Documentation as required.
- Neutered or Spayed (if your does isn’t, please let us know)
- Dogs and cats leaving your home must be free of any contagious diseases and/or no serious health issues or concerns. (Please advise us if there are any concerns so we can keep a close eye on your pet)
- If your dog has history of aggression towards people and/or other animals, we need to be made aware of this so we can plan accordingly. A minimum of two private walks will be conducted before your dog is introduced to a pack. That gives us an opportunity to establish a relationship with your dog.